© 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 by Man of the Cloth Productions
After both frames were built, and the exterior plywood skin attached, I let the assemblies dry for a day. Then I stood the frames side by side with the exterior plywood facing to the outside. I used a level to be sure the sides were standing plumb. Then I clamped the sides together, making sure they were positioned for the best match.
Although it is not pictured, I braced the two walls with a scrap of wood to the side of my shed. This stabilized the assembly so I could work on it.
Once it was set up like this, the work of trimming the exterior plywood went very quickly. I used a router with trim bit that had a bearing on the end. This allowed the router to follow the outline of the framing member and trim the exterior plywood to the exact shape of the frame. I moved clamps as I went along. Finally, I used the belt sander was used for touching up the work so both side profiles matched.
Back Build Journal Start Next
Please visit this sponsor